New Star Wars !!!SPOILERS ZONE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Mark my words, they will remake the prequels.

The biggest crime is that they wasted some very talented actors on such a horrible script and terrible direction.

I hope so! honestly.

Is it worth going back to any of the previous ones or can I just wait until this one is on Netflix?

Clone Wars and Revenge are still imporant as it shows Anakin's path to the dark side.

They are quite important despite Hayden's terrible acting. He's not the worst actor to grace this rock, but the writing and directing put him in such a crappy spot.

The biggest crime is that they wasted some very talented actors on such a horrible script and terrible direction.

They better. The basic story of Anakin needs to be retold in a way that doesn't involve whiny brats and stupid Gungans. I also really want to see a Star Wars: Origins with the Old Republic and the story of Darth Plagueis.

boy, you guys need to pool your money, create your own movies and SHOW those weak-nobodies how to make a movie. LOL

it's entertainment ... so is this forum LOL

I hope so! honestly.
I'd see them/buy them and toss the ones I have if Lucas is kept in a hotel far frr away from the writing, directing and producing of the remakes. Well, they'd have to be somewhat good of course.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the new film. Overall, it was a fun experience that was well-made and well acted. They had a great balance comedy and action and they also didn't use CGI frivolously.

I did think that some of the plot was very derivative in that it didn't really try to bring anything new to the universe (the new "chosen one" being found on a desert planet, the whole father-son thing, the Starkiller which is just a bigger, badder Death Star), but I can understand why they did that.

1. They probably wanted to play it a bit safe by going with what they - and we - know. What's tried and true within the universe.
2. They wanted to pay homage to the original films.

It seemed very much like an establishing movie made as fan service and possibly as an apology (at least that's how I see it) for the prequels.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd much prefer they make a good movie that's "safe" than one that tries to outdo a 30 year legacy, which is what the prequels attempted.

In an earlier post, I said i got lost on some of the pre-quells etc. now I see it may have been the writing you all are mentioning.
I thought like Rexbobcat, that this was lets get back to what worked (?) and homage to the original. We are talking 3 generations of fans now.

Did just watch a James Bond ( with Craig) and he has M opening a storage garage and inside is the old (?) Austin Martin car, and the melody of a waaaay back Bond theme played. Kind of a tribute I guess..

Some of us grouches would cut their necks and let the blood run out before going to see a Disneyed (not good) version on a tired old war horse. I saw the original at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood and when Lucas pulled the old World-War-II-Machine-Gun-Turret cornball bit I wanted to be someplace else. (This ain't science fiction, its cornball melodrama with a light dusting of pseudo-science.) After he completed the movie he was worried sick he had made a fairly-large-budget Saturday matinee kiddie movie ripoff and I agree with him. (You can look it up.) Although he did do some things right like research ancient legends in many cultures (a boy seeking his dad is a big one).

It was a good movie expierence. Though i like to say that i enjoy most movies i see on the silver screen.

Overall I liked it, however I thought the story was a bit too similar to episode IV, and I did not like a lot of things about Kylo Ren. I feel like his dialogue could have been a lot better, and the acting for his character could have been a lot better (I cringed and then laughed out loud when he screamed "YOU NEED A TEACHER!!" at Rey after tackling her to the ground. I also felt that the way the actor spoke was awkward and unfitting for the character. I also felt that it may have been too soon to kill Han Solo, although I could be bias as he is my favorite character. I'm really sad to see him go, and would have loved to see him in at least one more episode.

I think it was good overall, I liked the action scenes for the most part. Stuff that popped into my head on seeing them were,
  • Pos little droid I thought on seeing it first, he can't be very good on rough ground, stairs or wet ground.
  • The main bad guy, Solos son, sounded like Javier Bardem, especially when wearing the mask, I thought it was a voice over at the start.
  • Towards the end then I wondered since the death star laser was on a planet and energy for the laser was sucked from a star until the star goes out it how did they fire it twice.
  • Would it not have been better to throw Leigh off a bridge instead of Hans cause her acting is so wooden and secondly now none of the main people can understand chuwee.
  • Is the new girl not Solos daughter then?

I'm really bothered that the guy who brought one of the worst movies ever -- Jurrasic World -- is doing episode 9.

The fact that they arent sticking to one director for all three makes me think it's going to end up garbage.

Most reactions

Back