New T-Max 400 announced

I thought there was already a T-Max 400...

Great news... often when I've heard the argument that film is about to disappear from the face of the planet, the fact that Kodak are abandoning film and chemistry is given as the ultimate proof... as if Fuji, Ilford and other companies didn't exist... but it seems even Kodak have not totally given up on improving film technology.

I'll definitely be giving it a try.

I think that improving T-Max 100 to any appreciable degree would be quite difficult. The recent improvements that Kodak have made to colour negative films, both still and motion picture, as well as the new version of 400TMY dose seem to show that they continue to be committed to film. A lot of the products they have dropped had no Ilford or Fuji equivalent, so the loss of them was a blow. Kodak may have dropped more products than Ilford or Fuji, but they had more products to drop - in particular the special films.

Best,
Helen

Thanks for this link, Helen - I love it.

It cracks me up to see the John Sexton quotes and all the hoopla surrounding this release - Kodak seems oddly determined to show they still care mightily about their analog products - I have to take this as nothing but a positive thing.

You made my Friday - :thumbup:

Of course, you hear old-timers hooting about how Kodak screwed with the formulas for Tri-X a few years back. My pappy used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm all for improvements and such, but I wonder if it'd be better for Kodak to come out with a new line and leave well-enough alone for the T-Max. Just a thought.

Now if only we could get them to announce the discontinuation of films, as well...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back