New Tattoo...Opinions?

30's 50's blues? Your talking stuff that developed in France for crying out loud! For those who want to argue that, I am not saying blues started in France, because it didnt. I am just saying it was progressed further in France because the United States didnt want african americans coming back to the states after WWI so they fled to france where their music was LOVED. Josephine Baker (although she was a fraud) was in Paris, so was Stephan Grapelli, and Django Reinhardt, all great jazz musicains. Tin Pan ally, MONTMARTE, Quintette de Hot Club, Gare St. Lazzare all big places in the blues/jazz movement. Throw me some artists man! I want to hear what you guys used to listen to when you were my age!

Only one form of jazz developed in France. Can you name it? Blues sure didn't.

But there is one type of European music that I call the European Blues and they are closely related. Can you name that music also?

If you don't mind me asking: are you black? I've met more than one black person in the US who had relatives who fought in WW2 who regretted not staying there after the war. I don't blame those guys but things changed eventually and, today, it isn't that much better there than it is here.

30's 50's blues? Your talking stuff that developed in France for crying out loud! For those who want to argue that, I am not saying blues started in France, because it didnt. I am just saying it was progressed further in France because the United States didnt want african americans coming back to the states after WWI so they fled to france where their music was LOVED. Josephine Baker (although she was a fraud) was in Paris, so was Stephan Grapelli, and Django Reinhardt, all great jazz musicains. Tin Pan ally, MONTMARTE, Quintette de Hot Club, Gare St. Lazzare all big places in the blues/jazz movement. Throw me some artists man! I want to hear what you guys used to listen to when you were my age!

Only one form of jazz developed in France. Can you name it? Blues sure didn't.

But there is one type of European music that I call the European Blues and they are closely related. Can you name that music also?

If you don't mind me asking: are you black? I've met more than one black person in the US who had relatives who fought in WW2 who regretted not staying there after the war. I don't blame those guys but things changed eventually and, today, it isn't that much better there than it is here.

Ya, Le Jazz Hot, developed in France before WWII. Like I said Montmarte was a big hot spot for developing Jazz in France. I dont know what the other one is.

No im not black. I took a European Jazz and Blues class and the History of Jazz and Blues last semester in college.

I apologize for the confused state of my speech. I'm an american living in France and here usually means the US.

Not sure about Le Jazz Hot but it sounds like a club to me. Anyway, it is not the answer. And there is only one answer. And not one I'm making up. Historical/musical fact..

Think about it, do some research, whatever... Figure one out and you'll get the second one.

I was just in France and stayed in the Montmarte. Went to a few Jazz clubs, it was pretty good! I saw Joe Lee Wilson and Renato Sellani Trio perform. I also was in Amsterdam and saw another performance at the Bimhuis.

I am not sure why I am posting this here...doesn't really have anything to do with the music you folks are discussing. :lol: I am a huge music lover and enjoy a lot of the groups you folks are discussing here. Anywho, here are some videos I have been watching on you tube lately. Enjoy! Or not.
Nice tat BTW.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg2jn-Ha1-0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au67PyVSHPg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxTQXAgY3Q[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyjH7yYIAXw[/ame]

Not sure about Le Jazz Hot but it sounds like a club to me. Anyway, it is not the answer. And there is only one answer. And not one I'm making up. Historical/musical fact..

Think about it, do some research, whatever... Figure one out and you'll get the second one.

Actually man, it is a form of Jazz that started in 1919 with Authur Briggs who was part of the Southern Syncopated Orchestra. So i guess theres two...but i still dont know the second one

I feel you man its not a contest. back to the topic of the forum...the tattoo...opinions?
How did this become a "who knows the most obscure band" contest?

About the tat - I think it's cool, but wrong guitar.

Been playing your strat lately Josh?
Not really... :(

But, coincidentally, it has EMG Gilmore 'pro' series active pick-ups on it, lol.

And, DAMN, are they clean, lol.

edit

Almost too clean... Sometimes (back when I actually played) I had to use pedals to dirty it up a little. They (the pick-ups) make ever mistake really obvious, lol.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back