New to CS3

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi every one I just got a copy of photoshop CS3 and was wondering if any one had some links to any sites that can explain how to use it with post production of photographs.

go pick up scott kelby's CS3 book "the Adobe photoshop CS3 book fro digital photographers"

its like my bible. its sitting here in front of me and deals with almost all situations where you want to go "what do i do here to get this"

it steps you through piece by piece.

otherwise there are tons of good videos on the net of tutorials for specific things. youtube has great videos and notes too.

+1 for Scott. I have the CS4 book, and it is my PS bible too. *hugs it*

Another really good resource is www.photoshopuser.com . But, you have to pay and become a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) to reap all the benefits. They have a student membership.

YouTube has hundreds of free tutorials. There are hundreds of websites that give tutorials on CS3 in almost everything you can think of.

Google is your friend.

Start looking into the CS3 plugins, OnOne has some really good plugins for the money! Plug-ins can save you a ton of work once you learn them.

may i ask a question...
why buy a tool you cannot use? why not use gimp to learn (its pretty much the exact same as photoshop with a little bit less functions)
other than paying $700 for something you cannot use...
I started with MS paint (making layouts and pixel people)before i got Macromedia Fireworks (now adobe)
then i upgraded to Corel paintshop pro, but didn't like it so upgraded to Photoshop 8 at the time ,then when CS2 came out i got that now cs4 is out i have only just got that

that is over 3 - 4 years, when i first opened photoshop, even after my previous experiences, i hadn't a clue how to use it, I tried to make my layout on it and couldnt work layers, and there wasnt shape tools like there is in MS paint so i really disliked it to start with, now i wouldn't give it up for anything, (took me about 2 - 3 months to figure out the basics of it then a further 1 year - 2 to use it the way i do today, and i still learn more on it almost every day.) when i used MS paint i made the gradients my self pixel by pixel (yes literally!!) took me about 30 - 40 mins to make a gradient for a banner sized 150x800 (i needed to paint 150 pixels changing the hue, tone etc each time) then i stretched it once i was done

To be honest, if you are asking that question, you wanted Lightroom.

when i used MS paint i made the gradients my self pixel by pixel (yes literally!!) took me about 30 - 40 mins to make a gradient for a banner sized 150x800 (i needed to paint 150 pixels changing the hue, tone etc each time) then i stretched it once i was done

You are the man.

Now, I learnt about %90 of my photoshopping on Photoshop Tutorials and Flash Tutorials - Tutorialized
If your new, i suggest taking a look on youtube for a series called "you suck at photoshop" its very beginner friendly. But good content none the less.

Just play round lots and you'll get better, its alot harder to photoshop well than most think.

Thanks and I also got lightroom but I use that for a quick edit. And I got Scott's book and works out great. Now I just need a monitor adjuster(sp) b/c they all seem dark or just different when I print.

Most reactions

Back