New to DSLR

Hollandg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone.. I just started taking photos this weekend. I have a Nikon D40 and wanted to get some feed back on some shots I took.

Thank :mrgreen:

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

Numbers 1 and 2, maybe shoot the warter as it lands on something, a car a person or something its pretty boring as is.

You did well with the DOF in #3 but, your focus maybe off, also if possible get in closer, the rose lacks detail.

The third one is the better of the bunch. It's a nice idea but you need to get in closer with it. The flowers on the left are a distraction. You should highlight the main one that you focused on and the others to the right. I did a quick crop and think it makes a more interesting image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbhaferkamp/3588935703

One of the first rules of photography is that when you think you've gotten too close, take one more step closer. Outside of sweeping vistas, you should be thinking about getting in close to the subject.

Also, don't rely on a cropping tool (I did this just as a visual example), get it right when you're shooting the photograph. Every time you crop in a program, you lose pixels and size. Do it in the viewfinder and you'll have the full image.

You're on the right track with the third image. Keep shooting and learning all you can.

Cool thanks for the info guys! I will keep that in mind when i take more shots this weekend. =)

Most reactions

Back