New to film...

MrMorrill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This year in school i have Photography 1, I have my dads old Nikon Fg-20 with quite a few lenses to go along with it. The class is a black and white class i was wondering once ive gone through the dark room in class if i had a quality picture would i be able to scan the picture using a normal scanner to get it on to my computer? If i can use a normal HP scanner would it come out with the quality of the origial shot right from the dark room? Im sorry if the questions can be easily answered i just never really got into film photography in the past.

Btw is the camera able to keep up with some of the newer cameras?

Film cameras are lots of times referred to as "light boxes". Mostly for the fact that whatever lens you put in front of it controls what the shot looks like...not the camera. So yes, your camera will keep up fine. However, when you scan the shot, it will not look quite as nice as it did from the darkroom because the resolution of the scanner is far less.

However, it won't be completely horrible....so just try it and see what happens.

Good luck.

(Oh, and you can scan negatives too, so maybe that would help...I dono much about it though, so I could be wrong)

Thanks for the info! Ive been playing around with the camera it seems like a fun hobby! Ill have to see how some of my shots loook haha

It won't look as good on a screen as when you're looking at the print itself, but as long as the scanner is ok it's fine for web images.

Scans will not look the same. A computer screen and photographic paper are two different things. However, scan your images the best you can. This will at least give others a decent idea of what your photographs will look like. That is of course providing their screens are calibrated to some degree, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back