New to forum / first pics for C&C...

Patty Thomas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody,

While I've just discovered the forum, I've had a mild interest in photography since I was a kid. It's been something of an on again, off again affair but I'm hoping to keep it a more permanent interest in the future. What little I know, I "learned" on film and it wasn't until recently that I really took an interest in exploring the intricacies of the digital world; though I still have a lot to learn by any measure. Anyway, below are a few shots I took early one morning back on the farm, just experimenting more than anything else. In a few shots there's a tree that ended up meeting the horizon at an odd point. It's not correct but I was focusing on the contrast of the branches against the sky. I'm not sure how to compose that shot and still keep all the elements in frame and well placed. Regardless, I'd really like to hear your thoughts if you care to offer any. Thanks and I look forward to being part of the group. Oh, by the way, rather than an abbreviation of Patricia or Patrice, in my case, Patty is simply the emasculated form of Patrick. Just FYI.

3204850023_79b4ff574c_b.jpg

3205697234_f478629e0c_b.jpg

3204851797_37aef8ffa4_b.jpg

3205698352_c7b7341fd3_b.jpg

3205697592_41dd0e2eff_b.jpg

3204856101_e27cfe8888_b.jpg

3205702476_0a00b20935_b.jpg

3205701424_ac2e19626a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Too many images. Pick just a couple to get C&C. Include the exif or shot data and the camera you used.

1/3/5/6/7 the forground is underexposed. This spoils the picture somewhat. Some of the cropping could be improved too.

2 I think is probably the best of the bunch. Not perfect but not use of angles.

4 works reasonably although I think there is something that jarr's just can't put my finger on it.

8 the forground is nice but perhaps too much sky especially as the sky is boring.

Number 2 is an interesting angle. That definitely helps add interest to this shot. I think the last one catches my attention best, but I'll have to agree that the sky doesn't add a whole lot to the picture, and it takes up most of the real estate.

As Samanax said - way too many to C&C indiviually. (The EXIF is there, though.)

In general - Some good and interesting subjects/compositions, but way too much sky and not enough detail in the forground.

TF

Like the second and last most, The colors of the last it catching!

i love the picture of the corn! great angle! :)

Thanks for all the comments!! It's always helpful to get some feedback. On some of the shots I purposely underexposed the foreground; I wanted the foreground and subject to form a solid black silhouette against the sky. However, I'd have to agree that it didn't come off very well. I am using Canon G2, BTW. Most of these were just shot on auto. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back