New to forum - your thoughts?

adamodepax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
x

Last edited:
I think the lighting is great on both of them. I like the second a lot more. Honestly the expression in the first one is just not working for me...or maybe the fact that it's so close up. I'm not sure what it is about that one. I just like the second one way more.

The lighting is good on both of them, but the first is a little too soft and Im not liking that expression, and on the second Im not sure I like the black and white strip across his eyes, I think I'd like it more without it, would it be possible to see it without it?

I love them! The lighting is fantastic, what source are you using? I agree that the first looks a little too close or something, but I love the expression on her face. and I love the black stripe on his face. Stunning.

Welcome to the forum. I think your shots are beautiuful. How did you light them? they look great. I do like the second one better but the first one is nice too.

I agree with everyone else. The second one is great :)thumbup::thumbup:), the first one looks a little soft.

x

Last edited:
I'm in line here. Good focus. Good use of the soft lighting. If you wanted to bring up the other side you might use a reflecter of some sort, even if it just a smallish board painted white. Might bring up the shadow a stop or so. But I think they look just fine as they are. How do you arrive at your exposure? TTL metering, hand held, shoot til you get what you like? Just curious.

x

Last edited:
Yeah... I think the first one is a little soft and the 2nd one is great. Also, your avatar, is that a self portait? Would like to see it larger. Very nice.

x

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, EricBrian. And yes, my avatar is a self portrait - one of the first shots I've taken. It's not the best pic but here it is in it's original size.

Image3.jpg

Wow, awesome shot.

In terms of the lighting, I'm not that ahead with equipment so it is a single 250 Watt bulb that I used for both shots, at different angles of course

Impressive! A 250 watt light bulb? Wow.
And I love your self portrait as well. Fantastic.

for me the first picture is too much in too little space. her expression could work if it were taken at a further distance. Also, I think the necklace and hair are too over powering here. The lighting is very nice though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back