New to getting into serious photography

Mazpro502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just some shots I took from Memorial day weekend, Critique and comments are welcome and encouraged.

Here are some of the better Moments from Friday and Saturday!

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Bruce the Bad-ass AARP Member!
DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

Freedom Group Photo with the Flag! Fine end for my weekend!
DSC_0488.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing all these, they were fun to look through.

You have a nice camera (D40) and you're using it for different things and probably getting some good experience.

You posted too many pictures for critique, and most of them are shoot-from-the-hip shots which aren't bad but don't have much composition.

As far as the car shots go, on the track I mean: You've centered the car in each of the photos. Try to leave some room ahead of the car, it helps to give the feeling of the car moving forward and shows where it's going. It sounds silly but it's a pretty basic guideline of car/race photography (my opinion, there's really nothing written in stone as far as I know).

I'd also try some panning shots with the cars if I were you. It's great practice and it's fun as well.

The last one's a decent group photo but the background is pretty distracting (the cars, the high truck, tent top) and a few people are hidden. Don't be afraid to tell people where to stand, etc..

Looking forward to seeing more of your work and maybe some sights from Mass... I used to live there, around Danvers (next to Salem).

Critique and comments are welcome and encouraged.

No one can comment to anything specific with that many photos posted.

I recommend you pick the 3 you think are the best, and delete the rest.

In general I'd say you're not close enough, and gave no thought to composition.

Just some shots I took from Memorial day weekend, Critique and comments are welcome and encouraged.

Here are some of the better Moments from Friday and Saturday!

DSC_0244.jpg
/QUOTE]

Classy. Family-friendly, and oh-so-socially relevant. I'd give that shot a bit more + exposure compensation in the RAW converter stage.

Yeah sorry about that one, didnt realize that pic was in there. Yeah most of them were shoot from the hip, I have a lot more pics to post with much better composition.

1) the thing on top of the car in front is very distracting...clone out
2) like the yellow line reflection
3) tighter crop imo wud make better photo
4)very cool..my personal favorite.
5-7- seem like snapshots...

I dont know the Best wat to attack this issue. the viper shot with the hood up. I like the angle of the shot and mostly a viper looks real good when the shot is down low. The thing is with the hood up, the car screams "look at my engine" yet you cant see the engine just the bottom of the hood. what i dont know about is how to get a creative comp for car show (hood up) shots. Always buggs me tho.

Numbering snaps helps when using the forum as your snapshot archive, I mean when you ask for critique and comments. :lol:

In photos that have a rectangular frame, the middle of the frame is one of the least dynamic places to place your main subject.

well you are probably accurate with firearms b/c you were able to center all your shots here :p

Most reactions

Back