New to Photgraphy

These are nice shots, you definitely have some potential. I personally like the cat photos the best, but I think a lot of your photos (like #4) could definitely be a lot better if you played around in Photoshop, maybe by cropping or upping the contrast. :thumbup:

Oh, and, welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

It's wierd, I just find myself wanting to take my camera outside or inside and just take pictures. I really enjoy doing it

EDIT: And do you think my camera is any good? It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7.

I just looked up his camera and here are the specs:

Resolution:6.00 MegapixelsLens:12.00x zoom
(36-432mm eff)
Viewfinder:EVF / LCDLCD Size:2.5 inchISO: 80-1600Shutter:8-1/2000Max Aperture:2.8Mem Type:SDBattery: Custom LiIonDimensions:4.4x2.8x3.1in
(113x72x79mm)
Weight:12.5 oz
(357 g)
MSRP:$400Availability:03/2006

It seems like a good camera, 6 mega pixels will get good quality. I just don't know if the build in lens is all that good, i thought that the longer the range of focal lengths generally the worse the lens got. Especially with not expensive lenses that may be this camera's weakness is a built in camera that advertises a high magnification at 400+mm... but really isn't all too good. For instance is there any Image Stabilizer on it to allow hand-held shots without superb lighting at 400mm?

If you get a tripod then you should be able to get good shots with 200+mm and then use it handheld with less zoom.

Thanks. Seems like a decent camera then!:p

If you get a tripod then you should be able to get good shots with 200+mm and then use it handheld with less zoom.

You can't handhold a camera at 200mm? You should be able to handhold to about 300mm without an image stabiliser in daylight. I have no problems with my 300mm Sigma lens.

Very nice photos.

Most reactions

Back