New to photo editing C&C Please

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I am new to DSLR photography and new to photo editing techniques. Here are some of my first pictures taken on my new DSLR camera. I adjusted the color, white balance, etc using the 30 day trial of Aperature. I am very new to photo editing (post production), so any and all criticism and critiques would be most appreciated.

1.)
DSC_0001.jpg

2.)
DSC_0008.jpg

3.)
DSC_0018.jpg

4.)
DSC_0030.jpg

5.)
DSC_0031.jpg

6.)
DSC_0004.jpg

7.)
DSC_0017.jpg

8.)
DSC_0040.jpg

It was a very hazy day, and all photos were taken just before sunset. Look forward to any and all comments. Thank you in advance.

-Andy

Hrm, okay, you'll get better results if you trim that down to just a couple photos, preferably one, that you feel needs help. Perhaps there's one what you, for some reason, feel could be done better, or there are some tools you used but don't quite know how they really worked, whatever. Just, try not to post so many.

For the sake of my tired brain, I'll just comment on the first. One, the concrete barrier really ought to be level, not slightly diagonal. As it is, it really detracts from the subject and is distracting my eye. You can fix this by rotating the photo until it's level and cropping.

As for the PP, what did you do?

Thank you for your response. I apologize for putting up too many pictures. I am not sure of the exact things I did in post production, but I know that I adjusted the contrast, saturation, and highlights/shadows functions.

I kept "playing" with the images until they looked better.

-Andy

One key thing you should focus on s your contrast between colors. Your pictures seem to be hazy and muted. Adjust the colors specifically to see if you can make them POP* or Jump out of the picture. Not to the point where it looks bad but to the point where it creates a good saturation of color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back