New to photography, any tips/advice welcome

retrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to photography. Was told to post here what camera and lenses I have here and it should help with getting some new advice, so here goes.
Camera: Nikon D90
Lenses: 18-55mm f/3.5~f/5.6
18-200mm f/3.5~f/5.6
70-210mm f/1.4~f/5.6
70-300mm f/4~f/5.6
I know the 210 and 300 are for zoom, my dad said he used to use the 200 the most, most functional all around, and the 55 I'm really only ever going to use inside.

Welcome to the forum! Any specific questions the members can help answer?

I guess the only question I really have is how to get started in the industry. Where to go/who to talk to

So you're looking to get into being a paid photographer? Can you tell us more about yourself? What kind of photos do you like to take, how long have you been shooting, what are you interested in, etc? You'll soon find that this forum has thousands of members that all have different levels of skill, interest, etc. Some, like myself, have very specific things we like to shoot and are mere hobbyists. Others are professionals with countless years of experience and are well-respected in their particular fields.

I haven't been shooting really for any amount of time. Just playing with my dad's camera when I was younger. He still has the above mentioned gear, he'll be giving it to me in the next couple weeks. As for what I enjoy shooting, again, I'm not entirely sure. I've always enjoyed being outdoors, and seeing pictures of mountain ranges, lakes, and forests have always caught my eye more so than pictures of the city or people, so I figured I'd start playing around in that area.

Most reactions

Back