New to Photography - Few Pics - C & C

newtotheforum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm new to photography , trying to get a hang of photography techniques. Recently, I went to the sea shore and snapped few pics. Please let me know what is right or wrong in these pics.. Thanks for viewing...

#1 . Exposure 1/3 of a sec , F11 , ISO 100
DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

# 2. Exposure 2/3 of a sec , F11, ISO 100

DSCF0040.jpg

few more pics......

# 3 Exposure - 1/3 sec , F11 , ISO 100

DSCF0018.jpg

# 4 Exposure 30 Sec , F11 , ISO 100

DSCF0050.jpg

#1 and #2.
A couple questions, were these cropped from a larger photo? Hand held or with a tripod?

The first one could use some space in front of the ship, giving it a place to go in the frame, instead of out of the frame.

I like #3, that's real nice, the colors are vibrant and I like the blurred water.

I definitely like #3

Now here are some points: I'll use #1 as an example &
I'm not sure if you used a tripod or not.
Most modern SLRs do a wonderful job at ISO 400. Granted shooting at lowest native ISOs is commonly advised, there's nothing wrong with 400 to be the starting point. Thus your Exposure 1/3 of a sec , F11 , ISO 100 in iso 400 gives you 2 extra stops of light so your shutter speed can be about 1/15 sec. open your aperture to f/8 even 5.6 and u get two more stops of light and your shutter speed can now be at 1/60.
Something like image one, personally I'd want to see shot at faster shutter speed to CAPTURE its presence.

#3, is a perfect for longer shutter speeds.

Just my opinion.
Good luck

Hi, first of all I thank everyone of you for taking time to view and comment on the pics....

Live_free,
I'm using ISO 100 still the pic is noisy.

Excuse my ignorance has smaller aperture got anything to do with noise??

myfotoguy ,
It was not cropped from larger pics.
I used a tripod
Yeah Pic 1 could have been better if it was given more space in the front.

IgsEMT,

I used a tripod. Until now never played with ISO's. As you said , I was advised to start with ISO100 .... Next time probably i will try ISO 200 / ISO 400 and see how it works.... Thanks for the inputs...

Hi there pic 3 is very good, Pictures 1 and 2 are noisy also you need to get your horizons straight in those two pictures.

I'm using ISO 100 still the pic is noisy.

Excuse my ignorance has smaller aperture got anything to do with noise??

Hi again, The smaller aperture contibuted to noise only if it caused you to underexpose the image. It could be the meter guessed wrong on the camera. When an image is underexposed then noise creeps in quick. Here's a series just getting started on exposre basics. Part 5 of 5 will be about noise, I hope it's helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back