New to photography, looking for advice on some pics

indywndy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do plan on taking some classes, but just got my camera for Christmas (Nikon D60) Please try and dumb down your comments, I don't know the photography lingo yet. :)

Here is #1
jessieandluke.jpg

jbbcopy.jpg

010109064-1.jpg

jakesfeet.jpg

Did you take these pictures spontaneously or did you mess around with the settings to try and get a good photo? They look great, especially to a guy new to the biz

They look very good. In the first one, is the focus a little off? Otherwise wonderful.

Number 1 looks a little out of focus. I think number 2 and 4 look great. Overall, great shots for the first time with the new camera. Keep up the good work, you are off to a great start.

Did you take these pictures spontaneously or did you mess around with the settings to try and get a good photo? They look great, especially to a guy new to the biz

I did try and play around with the settings, reading the Nikon manual was a challenge and I gave up with that book! I think it is in my trash somewhere...ugh!

Thanks for your comments, I want to learn more on photoshop too...I can not figure out how to make a face look blemish free and soft looking...

I am new to this forum, but really like it! See you around soon!

Can an admin resize those 3 big pics for me? Sorry about that!

Since you're new to photography take some time to learn about photo composition. "How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks.

You might also want to check out [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231949864&sr=8-1"]Understanding Exposure[/ame] by Bryan Peterson. It's a book that everyone new to photography should read.

Last edited:
Try here..

Cambridge in Colour - Digital Photography Tutorials & Gallery

and here...
Chuck Gardner's Articles and Stories

These are both easy to follow and fun sites if you are interested.

Go here for more on portraits.. (don't be put off by the dated look, good photography is timeless. And this guy just died at a very advanced age so was very old when the internet was just being born. He also taught some of the greats in the industry. ;))
Ask the 'ole pro' about photography

Good luck and keep it up!

Thanks for the links! I did look at the 5 steps one, you had that posted in another forum and I checked it out. I will keep that in mind when I shoot.

Indy,

It's good to see someone else on here that's in the same shape I'm in. I'm new to this site and new to photography. I've asked questions after question on here and these kind people have helped me out more than I can ever thank them for. I've finally decided to start on the Nikon d80 camera. I'll get it at the end of the month but until then I've been trying to rack up on all the knowledge I can gain. If you find any useful tips or tricks to getting started please fill me in.

Indy,

It's good to see someone else on here that's in the same shape I'm in. I'm new to this site and new to photography. I've asked questions after question on here and these kind people have helped me out more than I can ever thank them for. I've finally decided to start on the Nikon d80 camera. I'll get it at the end of the month but until then I've been trying to rack up on all the knowledge I can gain. If you find any useful tips or tricks to getting started please fill me in.

Sounds great!! PM me anytime!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back