New to photography, need help buying new camera.

Since i would be paying a huge amount on postage for the K200D, I found a cheaper camera on another site. I never wanted to buy from this site because they didnt have a good selection, but since im forking out over 600 euros, i thought i would ask about this one...

Komplett.ie - Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR, EF-S 18-55mm

This one only have a 18-55 lens. The K200D has two, with the other being a 50 - 200mm. Since i wanted to get into macro photography the K200D seems like the best bet, but if the quality of cameras between the K200D and the 450D EOS is big enough, i can always save and buy a good macro lens in two months time.

Any advice will be greatly appriciated!

Kye.

Since i would be paying a huge amount on postage for the K200D, I found a cheaper camera on another site. I never wanted to buy from this site because they didnt have a good selection, but since im forking out over 600 euros, i thought i would ask about this one...

Komplett.ie - Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR, EF-S 18-55mm

This one only have a 18-55 lens. The K200D has two, with the other being a 50 - 200mm. Since i wanted to get into macro photography the K200D seems like the best bet, but if the quality of cameras between the K200D and the 450D EOS is big enough, i can always save and buy a good macro lens in two months time.

Any advice will be greatly appriciated!

Kye.

The K200D is probably the better built of the two as it's construction is of near proffesional level with excellent build and weathersealing.

I'd also say the 200D is the better camera overall. It's newer, has a top mounted display ( VERY handy ), AA batteries ( some don't like this, but I think it's great as you dont' have to worry about running out ), and the famed K-Series mount.

The 450D is very close, don't get me wrong, it's a popular camera but the build quality and other extras tip the balance for me in favour of the 200D.

From dpreview advantages of the K200D ( over the 450D, 520 Olympus, D60) :-
Weather-sealing
Top LCD
User controllable ISO noise reduction
DNG format
11 AF points
Large viewfinder

NOTE :-

A common comment in reviews is that Pentax's can over process when converting from RAW to JPEG.. BUT their RAW performance is at least as good, probably better than, the competition. That, coupled with DNG support ( DNG is the open Raw format), isn't really a problem as most people shoot RAW anyway.

I am only personally familiar with Canon products. The Canon you found will be a good starter for you. That lens leaves a lot to be desired. A better cheap lens for the Canon is the 18-55 IS lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back