New to photography & this forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by c&k, Feb 23, 2010.

1. c&k

c&k TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys. I've been lurking for a solid month or so and decided the time was right to join. My wife and I are expecting our first child in late July which is the genesis of my venture into photography and this site. I've always been intrigued by photography and jealous of great shots that I could never seem to get.

So with the new addition to the family, we decided now was a good time to learn about photography (how to take better shots) and to get a new camera. I found this site while doing some research on what camera to purchase. Let me say thank you for all of you who post ideas, comments, suggestion, tips, and critiques for those who asked for help when they were finding a new camera. For lurkers like me it is a tremendous help.

So here I am saying hello and to stir the pot. We decided on a Nikon D5000. Piss on canon! :mrgreen:

Before you canon people get upset I'm just playing around.

I'm excited about reading more, applying it all, and seeing my terrible shots turn into something not so terrible so thanks in advance to the tpf community.

2. c&k

c&k TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I wonder if I had used a picture of my wife as my avatar would I have gotten at least one hello?

3. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    HAHA.

Sorry this isn't the most active section of the forums. And I think maybe half of the people who come here only come here to look at pictures.

Hello.

^There's one.

As far as photographing the little one, get as many as you can before you can't get him/her to sit still anymore.

Welcome to TPF!

4. D3KNikki

D3KNikki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF. :)

5. c&k

c&k TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Haha thanks guys. I was just messing around. I saw a couple of intros from some females that had several hellos so that was what prompted me little reply.

As far as pictures go the only ones I have that I could post right now are from my iPhone. I'm afraid if I posted those I'd get snubbed since they're from a camera phone haha. Anyway, looking forward to it all. Thanks again guys.