New to photography, thought I would share some pix

lostep3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like the title say's, I'm just starting to get into photography and I love it. I currently have a Canon xti, with a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens that I use for pretty much all of my photo's. I figured I would share some of the latest photo's I took. Like I said I'm pretty new to this so any help would be great. I use Light Room to edit some of my pictures, I like this software. Any suggestions with what software or equiment is good, would be helpful. There is also a link to my website in my signature, with most of my other pictures. THANKS

FireTreesHDR.jpg

Fall.jpg

splashHDR.jpg

Cliffwalk.jpg

ScuzHDR.jpg

Lostboatweb.jpg

OceanDrive2.jpg

Claws.jpg

VTFarm.jpg

Providence-1.jpg

fixed.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to The Photo Forum.

First off, you may want to put a space or two between each picture, and number them so people can more easily comment about specific photos.

The only one that really grabs me is #5, but I find myself catching the unlevel horizen, which is splitting the middle of the frame. No rule of thirds on this one, but I feel it works for it, just try correcting the levelness.

Edit: #6 is pretty awesome too

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, I like what I'm seeing here. Nice work.

#5's great, the rocks could do with being a bit sharper though and I'd clone out the paragliders, or at least the ones that just look like little dots.

Last edited:
welcome to the forums...
im really diggin' 5 and 6. well done.

Some nice shots there! :thumbup:

You said you were new??? ;)

#10 and #11 do it for me.

for a new guy to photography your very good mate :)

Hey lostep ...
I agree with bifurcator ... you're "new" ??!! lol
Some nice shots there ... 5 and 6 are catching my eye.
I do note some dust on 5 and 7 ... big ones.
Might be an idea to check the sensor ...
Cool website too... like the tiltviewer.

Nice work for someone that is "new" at it.
Craig.;)

Some nice shots there! :thumbup:

You said you were new??? ;)

Hey lostep ...
I agree with bifurcator ... you're "new" ??!! lol
Some nice shots there ... 5 and 6 are catching my eye.
I do note some dust on 5 and 7 ... big ones.
Might be an idea to check the sensor ...
Cool website too... like the tiltviewer.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just got my SLR during the winter, and Ive just been reading material and going out and trying to teach myself how to take good shots. I guess being some what artistic helps. I know one thing I want to learn is "lighting" to maybe do some portrait photography.

I really love some of your pictures, especially number 5. Good job. :)

I really like the first pic. I wish the bottom part was a different colour. I saw too much red at the end. I liked the green at top.

The fifth pic seems cool. Reminds me of a desert for some reason. How did you manage to take that pic? Exposure? What PP?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back