new to photography!

lazyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello my name is Jerry, i live in hawaii on the beautiful island of oahu. will be purchasing a canon 40d in the near future and had a couple questions.
Mainly i will be taking pictures of wildlife and scenery shots. i figure i am in hawaii so why not take advantage! i also will be taking many macro shots in my fish tank. so i am thinking about picking up the camera body and 2 lenses that will fit my needs. any suggestions?
I am very new to Photography and am looking for classes to take once i get my camera prolly in a week or 2. i believe the body is around 800 and would liek to not spend more than 2000 for the whole package including the macro lense and whatever other lense i decide on.
i have seen pictures from the canon 100? macro lense i think that is what it is? and had really good shots up close is this lense good? also most of my other shots will be of our dogs running around, training with our dogs, my kid running around mainly actions shots. so any help would be appreciated

I'd suggest the 17-86mm kit lense, nice overall range and maybe the 100mm f1.8 or the 150mm f1.8

You will be able to use the prime for your macro and wildlife and the 17-85 is a nice over all range, the 18-200 may be a good choice also but I have never used the lense

thank you for your recomendations!
had a few more questions regarding equipment. i know i need a tripod but other than that is there anything else i should look into getting? like filters and better flashes. remember i am a complete noob so dont be shy at pointing out the obvious. again i will be mostly taking scenery shots, wildlife, and action shots

Filters...at least UV filters, mainly to protect your glass. And because you are doing alot of outdoor shooting, I would strongly suggest a circular polarizer.

Here's a link about polarizers and samples of what they do...
http://www.tiffen.com/polarizer_pics.htm

Last edited:
oh wow those really bring out the colors huh?! i will definetely have to look into those! been checking out a good overall lense but cant figure out if i should just stick to the kit lense or not? any ideas?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back