New To Photography

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by drew212, Apr 3, 2009.

1. drew212

drew212 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello, I'm just getting started into photography as I recently purchased a nikon D60 with a 18-55mm lens. I've always been into SLR cameras since I was about 6 but I finally went ahead and bought a camera. I'm not sure what my photography style/niche is but I'm interested in abstract and natural life(not sure on the technical term) photos.

2. Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum. You probably want to post this to the new members section though. And how old are you? You operated an SLR at age 6? Congrats on the purchase, I have the same camera and am really liking it, although it's hard not to envy d90 users.

3. maulrat

maulrat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, welcome to TFP. You're gonna have a lot of fun with your new camera. I have a similar camera Canon equivelant XTi, although it's hard not to envy 5D users.

4. drew212

drew212 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My sister had a nice 35mm SLR back when I was 6m, I am currently 20. She was taking photography classes at the time, and so I asked for a camera for Christmas, but I only got a cheap 35mm not the SLR I was looking for. It worked for what I was capable of. Now that I'm a little older I've decided I'm mature enough to handle a little bit more expensive camera.