New to photography

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I want to share some of my recent work and see if there is anything I need to change or improve. CC welcome.
DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

Hold the camera level for the most part and learn how to use fill flash though you got pretty good exposures here..

The center of an image is one of the least interesting spots to place your subject.
Investigate photographic composition. It's the easiest/quickest way to improve your images.

Cute kids and a good location.

Last edited:
Gorgeous kids and what a wonderful location!! I think that the photos are great - the only thing I would change is the composition as has been mentioned (I am just learning this myself - I have a bad habit of centering my shots!!) and personally, I would punch up the colour a little - and I find the DOF a little off in 1 & 2 - but, I am not pro and this is just my opinion - great photos though!!

Since you say it's ok to edit your photo's, I did.
I used a compositional guideline called the rule of thirds to crop your images.

Sorry the first one is pixelated but I had to crop it a bunch and it's was little to begin with. But you should get the idea. The way the far end of the bridge frames them is good. You did that, not me.

It's best if it''s done in the camera before the shutter is released.
If you google 'rule of thirds' you'll get a bunch of great hits.

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

the first one I would like to see black and white. I find that the brige is a very complicater structure and takes the attention away from the kids. maybe BandW would distract the eye a little less an give the shot a sens of drame. seing two children leaving on a bridge in B&W surely strikes.

As for close ups I agree with previous memeber. Fill lights might help with the littler shadowing but since it doesn't seem like a major issue in the pics with your very decent lighting maybe adding a little fill lights in post process would be worth trying.

anyways you have a good eye I think ... keep it up.

Well I edited the first picture and here it is. What do you think? better, worse?

DSC_05308x10.jpg
What matters is which version you like best......Good crop. I had straightened the horizon on mine but......

You can do fill flash with the on camera pop up flash....but, you need to go to into the menus, put the flash in manual mode and set the power down to about 1/32 or 1/64 so the light is softer and doesn't make hard sharp shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back