New to photography

Read your camera's manual and practice. Try to take photos of the same object with different positions and configuration. So always read your manual.
Accept criticism, good or bad, help you learn.

Hello photoforum!

Im pretty new to photography, like serious photography, :)
:D Serious photography ? let's correct this right a way. There is no such a thing. There is dead serious business of photography, like wedding photography, but for the rest of us, amateurs, this should be fun ! After all it's a hobby, a thing we do with passion to enrich our souls in the first place. Enjoy it and we will enjoy your stay with our "little" community. :D. Welcome to TPF !

In these days, Many of them are adopted photography as a hobby and some other earns money for doing this as a professional job. Every field has tips and techniques for getting best results. Learn that one and get the success.

Learn to 'see pictures'. Think about light and shadow, shapes, colors. Context, contrast, scale, distance, perspective. Motion, rhythm, symmetry. Emotion. Culture. Nature. Big pictures, small pictures.

I never realized there was so much to photography. It truly is an art! I have my work cut out for me lol

Take a class or two at your local college

Well in getting started, the first thing you need to do is getting a good DSLR camera along with a good general purpose lens such as the 18-55 mm lens.
One of, id not the best camera for beginners, is the Canon Rebel T3i DSLR Camera
$t3i used.jpg
This camera has been rated as the top entry level professional photography camera because of how easy it is to be used and how quick new photographers learn by using it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To make sure it's not an equipment problem, get either a Nikon D810 or a Canon 5DIII, along with a couple of good lenses for either one. I use a 24-70L II on my Canon, not sure what would be equivalent for the Nikon. Remember, always think B I G !!!

To make sure it's not an equipment problem, get either a Nikon D810 or a Canon 5DIII, along with a couple of good lenses for either one. I use a 24-70L II on my Canon, not sure what would be equivalent for the Nikon. Remember, always think B I G !!!
it would be the Nikon AF-S 24-70/2.8G :p
and I think that an iPhone would be a better start.

Most reactions

Back