New to portraits, baby shots

Flatland2D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister-in-law wanted me to take some fall pictures of her baby that would also be used for her first birthday party invitations. Wife and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some stuff for a set. This time was kind of a test, being that I haven't really done many "studio-like" portraits. Let me know what you guys think. I'd like to try and improve for next time. Now that the family has seen the pics, I've got more offers for work.

One thing I think I overlooked was the lighting. I found some white mesh stuff in the fabric department of Hobby Lobby and used it as a diffuser, but that is all. I think I should have used a reflector on the (camera) right side. Only light source was the good old sun. Pictures were taken around 2pm I think.

The baby unfortunately never made any big smiles or laughs. She was pretty confused about the whole thing, even after just having a nap. The session lasted about 5 to 10 minutes.

DSC08499_web.jpg

DSC08502_web.jpg

DSC08522_web.jpg

All comments welcome. Thanks!

I think they are absolutely gorgeous! I love ALL of them. I agree with the lighting to the right though. A reflector would have been a good idea. It is always a mistake of mine (easily overlooked).

Again, fantastic compliment of pictures. I'm sure Mum will be very happy with them. Children's photos are the best I think, always impromptu and everyone a gem.

Thanks for sharing them

Chris

Most reactions

Back