New to portraits... C&C

wk_photog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok just working on some portrait work for my Daughter...

Canon EOS 20D
85mm (70-200mm)
No flash - Late day sun on beach in ME

Dee_Beach.jpg

I like this simply because it was taken in Maine. However, I prefer more use of the surroundings to add to the shot.

It's a nice shot but it is soft and the background messes with the color of her skintone, should have used the beach or water as the background.

I by no mean the expert but have you try to see if keeping her right arm uncropped looks better for portrait? Also a bit too soft & seems too cold, maybe warm up her skintone will be better. Sorry for repeating what they already said.
Maybe if she looks more focus, people will focus less on the boring background. 2c only.
Nonetheless, good composition & she has very pretty smile.

i would have told her to take that earing out its really distracting and kinda trashy if u ask me.

Well thanks for the C&C... Helps me point in the right directions. The softness was actually her desired look... Trashy? Well I don't know about that, but I certainly would have removed it but she wanted it in and who am I to change her mind? LOL Just Dad here... Again thanks for the feedback.

Walt

i disagree, i think its a nice shot and why would you want to change your subjects appearance for a portrait of them? (i disagree on the opinion thats its trashy in general, but in any case if it were to be something trashy i wouldnt change my subject to shoot them.) anywho, i do agree that it is soft to the point that at first glance i thought it was out of focus. still great job, well lit, no harsh shadows, exposure looks good to me. keep shootin!

i would have put the subject (your dauhgter) more to the left

i would have told her to take that earing out its really distracting and kinda trashy if u ask me.
Wow that's a kind of trashy post if you ask me. That's a pretty rude thing to post especially about someones daughter.

And to the op. She doesn't look in focus it's kind of unsharp here and soft. GL

Most reactions

Back