New to professional photography

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome Ben & Arch. I know I haven't posted anything for a while, but after the reception I got when I arrived and the fact that I didn't have a camera yet in order to ask prudent questions I thought it best to wait until I had something to contribute so my status as a "potential troll" wouldn't be perpetuated by my lack of productivity lol.

Anyways I now have a camera! But I'll start my own thread in the beginners section for further discussion :)

"run, Forest, run !"
Hopefully you have several extra years to learn the skills too. Those who buy a fancy camera and instantly decide they should become a 'pro' are not all that well received in photo forums.

"run, Forest, run !"
Hopefully you have several extra years to learn the skills too. Those who buy a fancy camera and instantly decide they should become a 'pro' are not all that well received in photo forums.

True dat. It's kind of what I did last year, only different. (Don't you hate when people do that? :p ) I didn't buy the DSLR and instantly decide to become a 'pro', I bought the DSLR because I wanted to become a pro.

It was time to replace my Sony DSC H5 that I'd been shooting with for several years... and getting paid. (i.e. a professional by most counts).

The camera took excellent shots but was too limited for shooting motor-sports (2 seconds between shots, half a second of shutter lag)

Since I got the DSLR (Aug 2009?) I've learned more than I'd learned in the previous 20 years of shooting P/S or 35mm.

I recently advanced beyond the quality of the Sony, which was no small feat, and I am quite happy with my decision to take it to the next level.

So if you're motivated (which you seem to be, considering your resilliance on this thread), you should go far. :thumbup:

Hello everyone! We are new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. Images By Donovan is a photography studio and online store based out of New Brunswick, Canada. Please feel free to visit our site and take a look at what we have going on. We look forward to participating in the forum!

IMAGES BY DONOVAN

Most reactions

Back