New to site, check out these pics!

ssphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to this site, I just wanted to say hello and show some photos I took today. It was extremely windy so they are not the greatest. I have been doing photography for about 14 months now. I was a hockey player and I had pro tryouts coming up and I was injured before I got the chance, I had always loved photography so that took over full time after the injury.

012framed.jpg

017framed.jpg

069framed.jpg

101framed.jpg

076framed.jpg

137framed.jpg

048.jpg

Hello and welcome!! I love the scenery!! My favorite is number 6, I love the rolling hills and how the light from the sky highlights the hills, there is a lot of character in your sky and its not really blown out. I wish the car was not in the last one, It is a good shot but it does not fit in with the rest of the pictures.

Just something that i noticed while I was reading what you wrote... You stated that it was extremely windy while you were photographing and that is why these are not the greatest, never blame the weather on how your photos turn out. So what if its windy, that should have no effect of your photos, it didnt show that its windy, non of your trees are moving. And if anything the sky (which I am assuming was a front moving through) is what made these photos interesting.

Great Job and I hope to see more

Good post. What would really help the post is to number the pictures and give the set up for each picture. Also what type of equipment was used.

The color is great and yes, the sky does help.

Too many to comment... so just a couple.

First one - is good but the trash by the gate needs to be cleaned up.

Last one - Take out the tanks in PP.

I love how the pictures are framed in PP.

More to come, I hope. I wish well on your recovery.

They all seem underexposed. Your exposure bias was turned down -1 2/3 and -1 on all of the photos. It looks like the sky is (relatively) well exposed, but a lot of detail in the scenery is lost due to the shadows.

You show an interesting eye for composition, while the shots arent the most interesting, the angles you took them were good.

But I agree with oheytyler that they are all underexposed

I would agree with bigtwinky; you do show an interesting eye for composition. Your work has the look of that of somebody who has been involved with photography for a much longer period of time.

The last 2 are beautiful. The 2nd to last... the sunlight on the rolling hills, I love this picture. The light colored audi looks great in contrast to the surroundings and there's just enough going on in the photo - any more stuff and it would be too busy.

Others are good too but these two stand out for me.

These are pretty cool. I'm sorry about your injury, but at least it gave you the opportunity to do this! I love your composition, but most of your photos seem a tad underexposed. I can see these making nice HDRs (not really those obnoxious cartoony ones, but the more subtle ones).

I actually dont like that last one, though. :meh: Car ruins the scene for me, or maybe it's just not what I'm used to seeing. We have alot of this type of scenery where I'm from (minus the hills), but the majority of the cars are rusted and ancient makeshift machines so to see a shiny gray car in front of an old barn just makes me feel unsettled. Like the guy whose coming to foreclose your property just drove up. :lol:

Great on the others, though. :)

You show an interesting eye for composition, while the shots arent the most interesting, the angles you took them were good.

Thank you, I am not sure, I do enjoy underexposing alot of things though. It is not an accident or anything, just how I prefer my scenes to look...

Wouldnt that be considered creative exposure? Anyone would go around in Program and shoot "proper" exposures all day right? But using different exposures is what makes a photo interesting no? I could be completely wrong, don't forget I am far from being experienced lol so any help is greatly appreciated. I took some today at the same location and the weather was better, I will post them soon.

Here are the pics from today, much better lighting, no wind, hopefully better exposure?

018framed.jpg

013framed.jpg

Much better. Loads more detail in the foreground. +2 Experience for your quest.

Much better. Loads more detail in the foreground. +2 Experience for your quest.

Not sure if its just me but to me they are a tad overexposed, its quite possible my monitor is not configured right because I do alot of web design and I dim it when my eyes are straining. Now I don't know where the brightness settings actually belong lol.

Thank you, I am not sure, I do enjoy underexposing alot of things though. It is not an accident or anything, just how I prefer my scenes to look...

Wouldnt that be considered creative exposure? Anyone would go around in Program and shoot "proper" exposures all day right? But using different exposures is what makes a photo interesting no? I could be completely wrong, don't forget I am far from being experienced lol so any help is greatly appreciated. I took some today at the same location and the weather was better, I will post them soon.

To each their own...if you prefer under exposed, then shoot that way. It is an artistic decision.

I think there is a difference between under exposed images and images that are dark and contrasty. The later is well exposed, but tweaked to give it more drama.

I also much prefer your more recent images. :)

Most reactions

Back