New to the addicion...How am I doing?

Unspoiled

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ajlorello2.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I have been checking out the forum for a little while now and figured I would try a post. I've had my camera for about 9 months and have taken it seriously in the past month by trying to compose pictures...Instead of point and shoot.

I want to thank everyone for all their time and dedication to the forum. It is a great resource.

Here are a few of my recent pictures...Please feel free to C&C.

Thank you!

DSC_0003_1.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

DSC_0145-1.jpg

This one is a little older. I thought it was decent.
DSC_0249.JPG

Last edited:
I think the little red X's would be more interesting off center.

Google "Rule of Thirds".

good pics! :thumbup:

Not bad at all.

I really like both the textures and the variation of color between the subject ant the nicely blurred background on 3. Very cool. Could maybe use a bit of saturation, but... very nice.

1 could be cropped a bit to take out some dead space top and left I think, also is a bit tilted. It's not an exciting shot, but its appealing. Great colors.

I can see why you were drawn to 2, but it didn't work for me personally... little blown out... little out of focus... something.

Four is nicely put together but wasn't exciting for me. (I think it's just a fairly typical shot- I have some like it that I think are all pretty much dead-on compositionally but just boring because everyone takes pictures like that)

Personal opinions, all, mind you.

Anyway, overall a bit of tweaking here and there but you clearly have an eye and a sense of things. Nice.

manaheim,

Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying to get away from the pictures like the boat and look for something a little more interesting. I've been trying to get my eye tuned in to what will look great through the lens. It's not as easy as it looks. I like the challenge.

Hopefully in the next few months I will see an improvement. I'm also trying to get a good handle on all of my camera functions.

Thanks again for the input.

I really like #2. There's something about the focus and lighting contrast that really draws me. It's very abstract. I also loved the colors in #3. :thumbup: Nice job!

I like#3 and #4. The details of the wood in #3 are pretty interesting. In #4, I believe the clouds gave a bit more emotion to the photo than the boats.. But maybe that's just me ^^. Nevertheless I liked them ;)

manaheim,

Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying to get away from the pictures like the boat and look for something a little more interesting. I've been trying to get my eye tuned in to what will look great through the lens. It's not as easy as it looks. I like the challenge.

Hopefully in the next few months I will see an improvement. I'm also trying to get a good handle on all of my camera functions.

Thanks again for the input.

My pleasure.

If it helps at all, sometimes looking WAY closer, or taking up really odd angles helps put a new spin on old subject material.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Keep it coming. Trying to get this stuff figured out. Thanks!

Here are a few from this morning...All shots are in manual/jpeg

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

I think this had great potential...I just couldn't catch it though.
DSC_0033.JPG

I tried a few different things...I just couldn't get any "wow" out if it.

DSC_0038.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back