New to the area.

mamaphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So, I am a first time user on here and I just wanted to get myself out there, say hello! I am a mother of two little boys whom I love to death. I currently am using a Fuji Finepix, which compared to a lot of people on here does not seem so impressive. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a cheap SLR that I could use to take more professional shots of my boys, while not worrying about the expense of the camera if, God for bid, they get their hands on it. I took a few classes in college and loved it:hug:: and I want to persue it again, and I figured what a better place to start than with my boys!

If you want to keep using digital, the most popular entry-level dSLR's are the Canon XTi and the Nikon D40x. If you want to spend less, the previous 'versions' of those are the XT and D40.

Welcome to the forum.

You can get a film SLR for a song...but you have to pay for film & processing as you go. I assume you want a Digital SLR...there are plenty of cheap used ones for sale, if a new one is not in the budget.

The entry level models are the Canon 'Rebel' models (Rebel, XT & XTi). Nikon has the D50 & D40, The current Pentax model is the K100D and Sony has the Alpha A100. There are others, but I suggest sticking with one of these (especially Canon or Nikon).

Either way, these are still not cheap cameras that should be kicked around by small children...although, they are built as well as or better than most small digital cameras...so they won't fall apart. You could look into a product called 'camera armor'...which is like a rubber suit for the camera...offer protection for bumps and short falls.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back