New to the darkroom - Info on the Automega D3 enlarger

Discussion in 'The Darkroom' started by Dreaminginanalogue, Mar 26, 2017.

1. webestang64

webestang64 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    • Like Like x 1
  2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tim Rudman is awesome! His books are pretty easy to follow.

I've not heard of the Lootens book, but it looks like a worthy addition. I like having this kind of stuff around. Always room to learn more!

A word of caution to the OP: the techniques described in any book like this will still be valid - but pay attention to mentions of specific chemical and enlarging papers that may be mentioned - they're likely no longer produced.

A great place to get darkroom supplies is Freestyle Photographic. The folks there are helpful and knowledgeable over the phone, if you want assurances on a product before it's shipped. They do more digital stuff now to help pay their rent, but are still support analog completely.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jamesaz

Jamesaz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Long ago I worked in a custom lab that had one of those "auto focus" enlargers. If I recall correctly the lenses each had their own mount, kind of a can with a lens. There was a pulley wheel that went over the af rail. I think there was a different rail for each lens/negative size. It worked fine without using auto so don't get frustrated if the af setup doesn't go smooth. Good luck & enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk