New to the DSLR world and photoforum.

pinkyphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! Love the site so far. I see some amazing pictures from people all over. I am from Ontario Canada and just got a DSLR camera. I had a feel for one about a year ago and I have been wanting one since. Finally got one. I got it used but thats ok for me to start with. I am using a Canon Rebel XT/350D. Is there anyone else that is using this camera as well? Any tips or advice about the camera? I'm still only using auto mode and trying to figure out the manual mode. Photography is like a whole world of its own with its own language to go with it.

Look forward to seeing many of you around the site!

Thanks
Pinky.

Welcome to the forum and photography! :thumbup:

The easiest way to get out of your manual modes are to experiment and dont forget to read your camera manual, its super important to learn about your equipment. Play around with your settings and do as much research on your camera as possible.

Have fun with your new gear.

thanks fellow photographers. I am very excited about this whole new world. I havn't put down my manual or camera. I take photos of everything. Only crappy thing is my main computer is in for repairs right now which is 4GB ram /360GB harddrive, my other computer (my kids computer) is only 128MB ram/40GB harddrive. Big difference. LOL

what is recommended for a good but not so expensive zoom lense. I have deer in my back yard and in the corn feilds all the time, but I can't get close enough zoom with my kit lens. If I even try to go near them they of course run away. And all the birds that I see...there are so many. I can only crop the photos so much before the quality is effected.

Welcome to the forum.

what is recommended for a good but not so expensive zoom lense.
Have a look at the many 70-300mm lenses. Canon makes a couple different models and there are also some from Sigma & Tamron that will work with your camera. You can get one for less than $200.

These aren't great lenses, but they do work OK when used in good light.
If you want something better, there is the Canon 70-300mm IS or one of the 70-200mm lenses...but those are getting to be a lot more expensive.

I've noticed you can get lens for a great price on ebay. There are a few that I am looking at. Anything having to do with the DSLR world is expensive. I think the cheapest thing that I have found so far are the bags. And those can still run you a pretty penny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back