New to the forum and already got a question... ;)

Rexx6.0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently into the DJing side of things, and am looking to get out of the business... I have a nice setup, but want to get away from it as I don't have the "drive" anymore, plus a little girl due in December. ;)

Anyways, I am selling off all my DJ gear, and am wanting to update my camera/photo gear. Currently I have a Nikon D70s, and have 2 different Tamron lenses, one being a macro lens.

My question is this..

Target is currently selling the D5100 (the camera I'm sure I want), for $799 right now with a Nikkor lens. Should I jump on this price now? Wait until around Black Friday sales? Or stick with my D70s? The D70s isn't a bad camera, but the D5100 takes much better shots in my opinion after playing with one.

I was looking at a D7000 but from what I read, and what I will be doing, the 5100 should be plenty. Thoughts?

Here are a few shots I did playing around with my old D70s from the other day... I am a beginner to all the photography stuff, so these are far from perfect... I was playing around with settings, lighting, ect.
DSC_0120 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most people here I think would recommend you only get better lenses, unless of course you need video. If the D5100 took better pictures did you use your own lens or your friends. I don't own a nikon so few might say I shouldnt comment here but a few friends have various nikon cameras at these levels (entry/prosumer) and they all manage great shots. A good lens may transform your camera, thats not to say the lenses you have are bad but all we know about them is the are Tamron

Most reactions

Back