New to the Forum

projectmayhem160

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks. Just signed up for the forum today. Here are a few pictures I took with my Nikon D60. I'm really critical of my pictures, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Look forward to chatting with you all.

n35901075_32012047_5112.jpg

n35901075_32012049_5414.jpg

n35901075_32012043_4435.jpg

n35901075_32103919_3016.jpg

n35901075_32000743_2846.jpg

Pictures composition are nice, and nice location. But I think you moved when you took these pictures, the blurriness is visible. A tripod or monopod would be good tool to own for a start.

Anyway welcome and looking forward for more from you.

All the photos are great, did you do any editing to any of the photos with photoshop or any other program?

Nope, no editing. Didn't even crop any of them. I used shutter priority for all of the photos. I think the trees are blurred in the waterfall pictures from the wind. I had a tripod with me the entire trip. It was overcast that day and in the middle of the woods there wasn't a whole lot of light coming through, so all the photos were extended exposure.

P.S. - The waterfalls are all at Ricketts Glen in northeastern PA. If you are ever in the area I would recommend going for a hike.

I like them.

I played with your first one just a bit for fun.

ostream.jpg

If you keep shooting pretty waterfalls, I might have to come visit PA. Nice shots. :)

You should. I would recommend a good pair of boots. Some of those trails are steep and slippery.

I really like the veiling and composition. Welcome and nice shots. If I venture north from NC/SC, will definitely have to check this out... How long is the hike?

There's a few trails. My girlfriend and I hiked about seven miles in four hours, but you could spend days up there exploring. They have the map of the park here: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateParks/parks/rickettsglen/rickettsglen_maps.aspx

We saw nineteen of the twenty-two waterfalls. The tallest one is over ninety feet! It's amazing.

Thanks for all the comments you guys, it is very much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back