New to the Forum

Just a quickie...

I'm personally not fond of manipulations like #1;
#4 could use a contrast boost;
and I like the last 3. #13 seems slightly tilted to the left, so maybe a tiny rotation to the right. I like the composition in all three. I like the last one the best, but that's similar to my own style so no surprise there.

Welcome :)

It would be easier to critique if you didn't post so many photo all at once.

One thing I did notice about most of them...they have a snap shot feel. The subject is almost always in the middle of the frame.

Try to get the subject of your photos off of the centre and closer to the edge. Read up about the Rule of thirds. Basically, imagine the frame in thirds both vertically and horizontally...now try to place the subject (or key point) on one of the places where the grid lines would meet. This is more of a guideline than a rule but it helps you to think about composition rather than just getting the subject in the middle and snapping away.

Rule of Thirds... awesome stuff... Is that not posted somewhere here? I might have the summery from my stuff in a class I took last year.

I thought that first bison shot (the one behind the tree) was a sasquatch sighting. But this Mike agrees with Big Mike, there is a heavy snapshot feel to the pics. But welcome to the forum, all the experts here (not me) will be giving you amazing tips for you to ponder....

Last one's a keeper - my fav too.

Most reactions

Back