new to the forum

smokeonthwatr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im new to this forum havent been into photography very long but i love it already... here to get some advice on photos and try to help others as well so please be brutally honest and i hope to be here for a while thanks!

here is a picture i took today

DSC_0140.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I see you've been experimenting with depth of field (DOF)...you're already ahead of the curve!

P.S. I like your username :D

errrr, well its a start..lol, its creative, but try going for something a little more apealing to the eye.

to me this image has balance in a way, and it nicly plays with DOF.

Howeveri t appears a bit dark/dull and colours are not really ppleasing. But in particular the latter are more a problem of the scene depicted than of the shot itself. certainly some better light could have helped, but still a pseudo-wooden table isn't the best to start with.

Could work as a high contrast b&W as here the colours don't matter

to me this image has balance in a way, and it nicly plays with DOF.

Could work as a high contrast b&W ...

Nice shot & the above.

thanks guys really appretiate it im not too good at editing photos

DSC_0140-1.jpg

Only thing that I would fix with the B&W (black and white) is to move the object of focus up more and to the left just a tad... I really like the idea of this. I had the impression that there was a message about being out of focus with my finances or something like that. If there wasn't a message oh well :)

Those out of focus glasses are kinda annoying... I like them,but they should be in focus. Rather then the coins...But both if them would be cool.

Hi, I've moved this thread to the General gallery where general comments and critique are appropriate. Please refer to the Critique forum's FAQ's for guidelines on what to post there.

Thank you. :)

hope you dont mind i did this... let me know how you like this edit...

DSC_0140.jpg

Most reactions

Back