New to the forum

subimatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, Im new here. Been reading through the forum and seems like there is a wealth of information. I love photography and am getting more and more into as time goes by.

I recently took some pics at my friends wedding this past weekend and was looking for some opinions from the professionals! I was in the wedding as a groomsman so the pics were taken fairly rushed and out of the way of the professional. Pics were taken with my XTi and factory lens. :)

www.flickr.com/photos/sarangphoto

Welcome to tpf!!!

Good work on the wedding photos. Looks like you had some tough lighting to deal with there.

Welcome to tpf!!!

Good work on the wedding photos. Looks like you had some tough lighting to deal with there.

Thanks, yea it was tough, either full on Sunlight, or a dark shade. But I think I did ok. Hoping to see my photos progress as time goes on.

Hey subimatt,

Welcome to the forum. You may want to check out the photography forum. There are some shooters over there that are really blurring the edges between production and art. I think the wedding photos you shot are nice.

have a good one
3Eo

Welcome! I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but I really like the wedding pics you took. There's some really good composition on some of them and even though the lighting wasn't ideal, you managed to come up with some great shots. :)

Hello, I just signed up. I've been reading some topics of this forum for weeks now and I thinks it's about time to register an account. THe discussions here are really helpful in honing my photography skills. See yah around =)

Welcome laotech and subimatt.

Welcome to TPF.
The wedding photos were waaaaay better than I expected them to be. I loved all of them except the one that looked like Father and Bride...they were too far apart. I don't care how big the brides dress is (which wasn't very large at all), the father/daughter picture has to be perfect. And the last one of just the bride was awful. The lighting was wrong and it accented a not so good complexion and created shadows that aren't flattering to the Bride. Other than that, they were great. And I think you did a great job handling the light for being a beginner.

Welcome to TPF.
The wedding photos were waaaaay better than I expected them to be. I loved all of them except the one that looked like Father and Bride...they were too far apart. I don't care how big the brides dress is (which wasn't very large at all), the father/daughter picture has to be perfect. And the last one of just the bride was awful. The lighting was wrong and it accented a not so good complexion and created shadows that aren't flattering to the Bride. Other than that, they were great. And I think you did a great job handling the light for being a beginner.

Thanks for your honest opinion, I took most of them on the fly when I could, I was in the wedding and was doing my best to stay out of the professionals way. I found the lighting hard to manage, was pretty much direct sunlight and didnt really have time set the camera up optimally. But mostly it was a big learning experience for me.

Most reactions

Back