New to The Photo Forum

flipsidestudio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flipsidestudio.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, my name is Brie and I'm a photographer. I do commercial and advertisement photography under the company FlipSide Studio. I'm also a student at NAU getting my Bachelors of Science in Photography.

I was an artist all my life and at 15..maybe 14 I found that photography was my new favorite way to get my vision to paper. As of four years ago I decided it was what I wanted to do for a living and I haven't looked back since. It's been an up and down ride. I'm still learning how to conduct business as a photographer and hope to learn a lot about that here.

My favorite work is done in the studio, which I am just now learning and having lots of fun with. I shoot film whenever I can, but have a d200 that I use mostly for business as I do not have a scanner at the moment.

my website is at www.flipsidestudio.net

Welcome to TPF, Brie. There are lots of pros here who will be able to give you tips and advice.

Welcome aboard Brie.

Bachelors of Science in Photography
I would have though that Photography would be a BA :scratch:

Welcome! It's nice to see another Arizonian here. I hope you can join us for our next TPF meetup as we go shooting in Jerome on August 9!

Welcome aboard Brie.

Most schools these days do not offer a bachelors of science in photography so you're right, normally you would have to get a bachelors of fine arts (which seems like a huge waste of time to me). At Northern Arizona University the Photo program is under the school of Communication so I the curriculum is taught from more of a business perspective. It's great, and I find it to be very useful. I got done with a Comm Theory class last spring in which I learned a lot of theory that can be applied to my work.

Welcome! It's nice to see another Arizonian here. I hope you can join us for our next TPF meetup as we go shooting in Jerome on August 9!
I'll probably be unable to go but I'll see what I can do. I live in Flagstaff so I'm not the closest to everything.

I'll probably be unable to go but I'll see what I can do. I live in Flagstaff so I'm not the closest to everything.
Flag isn't that far from Jerome, is it? Anyway, I hope you can join us.

--- just Mapquested it .... about 75 miles from Flag to Jerome whereas its about 110 miles from here in Phoenix to Jerome ... :)

Flag isn't that far from Jerome, is it? Anyway, I hope you can join us.

--- just Mapquested it .... about 75 miles from Flag to Jerome whereas its about 110 miles from here in Phoenix to Jerome ... :)
Well I'd certainly like to go, so far I have no plans.

Welcome aboard Brie.

Back in the near dark ages Ohio State offered a BA or BFA in Photography and Cinema. I got the BA. I always dreamed of going to RIT to get a BS in Photography. Too many $$$

Back in the near dark ages Ohio State offered a BA or BFA in Photography and Cinema. I got the BA. I always dreamed of going to RIT to get a BS in Photography. Too many $$$
It's a great program, I wish more schools would offer similar ones so I could transfer and get out of Flagstaff. I've only found a handful of other schools that do.

From 'zonie' to 'zonie', a warm welcome! Flag is great!

Most reactions

Back