New to the Site

AnimalFreak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I just joined this site since I am a bit new to photography, but I'm learning and I also have an interest in making some money out of it. I love nature and animal photography though I'm still looking for ways to expand my own skills while living in a place with few opportunities. I would love to learn more about photography though.

Thank you!

Welcome. I am guessing when you say not too many opportunities you mean things to shoot.

If you don't have large animals nearby to practice with. Might try looking at the weee small ones. Macro is a whole new world. Also, pets may seem mundane. But, taking pictures of them is still good practice. Don't think of it as the same old simple house cat. Try to have a new view of it each time. Sometimes you get so used to your own environment, you miss out on what's hidden in plain sight! Check out the forums. Some great pictures of all sorts of different local subjects, like a weathered barn, or even just the weathered wood frame around the broken window on the barn. Or that rusting hulk of a car. Pattern the fence makes in the morning / evening sun. Lots of posibilities. You just may be too used to the area to see it! Do a card format in your head and look at your local area again.

Welcome. I am guessing when you say not too many opportunities you mean things to shoot.

If you don't have large animals nearby to practice with. Might try looking at the weee small ones. Macro is a whole new world. Also, pets may seem mundane. But, taking pictures of them is still good practice. Don't think of it as the same old simple house cat. Try to have a new view of it each time. Sometimes you get so used to your own environment, you miss out on what's hidden in plain sight! Check out the forums. Some great pictures of all sorts of different local subjects, like a weathered barn, or even just the weathered wood frame around the broken window on the barn. Or that rusting hulk of a car. Pattern the fence makes in the morning / evening sun. Lots of posibilities. You just may be too used to the area to see it! Do a card format in your head and look at your local area again.

Thank you! Trust me, I have tons of pictures of my own animals and I've discovered my favorite photography is that of cats. However, I'm taking pictures of the same three cats over and over again. It gets a little repetitive. I have gotten permission to go to a local animal shelter to take pictures of their cats though so I'll be doing that soon.

The problem is that I live in the middle of a very small town and have no interest in anything man-made. I would, indeed, like to get into macro, but I don't have the lens for it yet though I do have some macro filters I'm not quite used to. I am probably a bit too used to the area to see much of anything though I do see how all the different twists and curves of every individual tree could make a good picture. I just don't like all the houses and wires you get with them. Maybe some time I'll get out and look around the area to see if there's anything I can photograph.

Most reactions

Back