New to the world of photography!

spag_187

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to all. Im new to photography, so I thought this would be a great place to meet some folks with a common interest, post some pictures and hopefully get some helpful insight and critiquing.

I just purchased a Canon Rebel XTi with a UltraSonic 28-90mm lens (my very first camera, other than a simple point and shoot). For now Im shooting the majority of my photos in the "full auto" mode, until I learn a bit more about the setting and options of my camera...since there seems to be a lot. I know shooting RAW is the way to go, I just don't want to fumble all my shots, because I don't know what I'm doing with the adjustments.

Anyways, I look forward to posting some of my pics soon. Feel free to comment, edit or critique them in any way. The more help, the better!:thumbup:

Hello to all. Im new to photography, so I thought this would be a great place to meet some folks with a common interest, post some pictures and hopefully get some helpful insight and critiquing.

I just purchased a Canon Rebel XTi with a UltraSonic 28-90mm lens (my very first camera, other than a simple point and shoot). For now Im shooting the majority of my photos in the "full auto" mode, until I learn a bit more about the setting and options of my camera...since there seems to be a lot. I know shooting RAW is the way to go, I just don't want to fumble all my shots, because I don't know what I'm doing with the adjustments.

Anyways, I look forward to posting some of my pics soon. Feel free to comment, edit or critique them in any way. The more help, the better!:thumbup:
Your camera's user's guide is a great learning tool. Not only does it describe all the features your camera has, you can use it as a study guide.

When you read something you don't understand, like say f-stops, aperture, shutter speed, or ISO, hit wikipedia.org and/or google and read about it.

Last edited:

Your cameras users guide is a great learning tool. Not only does it describe all the features your camera has, you can use it as a study guide.

When you read something you don't understand, like say f-stops, aperture, shutter speed, or ISO, hit wikipedia.org and/or google and read about it.

I have been reading through the user guide. Just a lot to take in over a day or two of reading, but Im sure I'll get the hang of things sooner or later:confused:

Thanks for the reply!

Your cameras users guide is a great learning tool. Not only does it describe all the features your camera has, you can use it as a study guide.

I have been reading through the user guide. Just a lot to take in over a day or two of reading, but Im sure I'll get the hang of things sooner or later:confused:

Thanks for the reply!
Figure a good understanding of photography basics will take 6 months to a year of continuous study.

I'm new too! :)

So far, people here have been really helpful. Very good information.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back