new to this, C&C.. please :)

rhall54

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to get the hang of my D40 and GIMP.

C&C please!

442.jpg

Not bad, but I would shoot straight on, with a nice balanced composition - one ring on each side of the frame, and no distracting bokeh.

Yeah, the bokeh effect is too much on here. Mebbe if the second eyelet was more in focus and the extreme foreground wasn't.

thank you so much for the advice!

This is the square in my town.. so I'll have to go down there and take some more pictures! :)

not bad at all... I like how you the ring in the foreground and background are placed in the photo. I find the direction of the wooden grain opposed to the bricks in the background provide good textures.

I'd probably boost up the contrast a tad just to bring more of the textures out.

Isn't GIMP such a great program for such a low price!

It was a nice catch, unique perspective and good attempt at being artistic, but I agree with saltface, I'd love to see the second ringlet more in focus.

I really like the textures and lines, silver color stands out to both reddish background.

I think for composition, I would have tried to lower myself, and shoot the rings more vertical mid-line of the photo, still on the left 1/3 though. Right now, they're in the top 3rd of the photo my eye feels like it keeps getting pulled up "away" from the photo. (just mho though)

Nice photograph!

The subject matter is not so interesting. You could increase the drama by cropping the leftmost 1/5th or so off - just missing the knot or about there.

That looks like about 80mm equiv. - which I like shooting with most! Anyway, nice job!

Most reactions

Back