2654137595_35a1888779.jpg

Taken at a Buddhist Monestary.

2646762617_6bf274eb4c.jpg

Self Portrait

2637845361_4019395e98.jpg

Random

2630744280_f111f931ea.jpg

Self portrait

I'd really appreciate any constructive criticism please, it helps me improve! Im new to the site, i own a Nikon D80 and usually use my 24mm f2.8 lens.

C&C per req:
1. A nice image, and good composition, but the perspective is a little skewed. It needs a straightening and perspective tweak. As well, you've go some flare in the upper area and a blown sky. I would suggest doing a reshoot with the sun behind you. This will eliminate the flare and hopefully produce a nicer sky. Overall the image is a little too mid-range for my taste, that is, lots of grey, and little black and white.

2. A strong image, but it needs a diffused fill-flash placed probably about where the RH table leg is, aimed up to provide a little more illumination on your face. This one again needs straightening, and would benefit from your being not quite so close to the edge.

3. An interesting capture; I don't really have much comment to offer other than I think it would be better not to have cropped off the toes and posterior or the LH subject.

4. Not bad at all. A reflector to add just a little fill light to the LH side of your face, and perhaps a diffuser to reduce the highlights on your right forearm and forehead, but other than that, I think this is a nicely executed self-portrait.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back