New to this whole shindig

Big_Bird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, I've been trying to learn photography for a few months now and i decided to join a forum and see how everyone else does it. I dont have an amazing camera or PS, so Im limited in my resources, just wanted to see how I've done with what I've got.

Here are a few of my favourite shots. I ainly take shots of my car, If you cant tell I love taking pics of my car.
lakeshoot6-18-07.jpg

lakeshoot6-18-0717.jpg

minishoot5-3-0789.jpg

minishoot5-10-0730.jpg

Shoot4-26-0777.jpg

Shoot4-26-0760.jpg

shoot4-14-0743.jpg

shoot4-14-073.jpg

Let me know How I did, what i could do, etc

any help is greatly appreciated.

Quite good. The second to last one (the car in front of the industrial area) would have more impact if it were straight.

Welcome to TPS! For starters, it's alot easier for us if you number your pictures!

I really like the composition in #2. It'd be more interesting for me if it were an old pick-up truck since that goes more with a lake, but a plethora of cars are probably not at your disposal! I think you did a good job with lighting on the shots.

^^thank you both for your input. And no i only have acces to my car and friend's cars but theirs are usually new. I took a few shots like that that day, i really like taking pics at an angle, im not sure why.

I went back and numbered the pics, sorry about that.

lakeshoot6-18-079.jpg

lakeshoot6-18-0737.jpg

Hi Big_Bird, welcome to ThePHotoForum and to photography in general.

I moved your thread from The Beginners' Place to the General Gallery, given that The Beginners' Place is more of a Q&A-forum and the galleries are for showing one's pics. OK? No big problem all in all.

And it SHOWS that you "love (your) toaster" :D.

Oh, ok, that's cool, sorry, not used to this forum yet. Thanks you though.

Although I think the camera tilt can have impact, I think it should be more of an accent, used only when special emphasis is meant. I begin to feel a crick in my neck when most of the images are tilted. That may just be your personal preference, but I think some of your images would be quite nice at a straight angle.

Funny little car there. Looks fun to shoot.

thnx for the input.

Yeah i do like to tilt my cam, im not quite sure why, i just seem to do it a lot. I will try and work on it :) .

Ahhh, when I first really knew how to take pictures (haha, very funny, like a couple months ago), I tilted my camera for every shot. And all the same direction. I look back at all my pictures and they were of different subjects but they are all tilted the same way.

Anyway, I've since stopped tilting so much. It mostly has to do with this forum...I realized pictures actually looked good straight. :p

BTW, you are doing nicely. I think my favorite is #2 at the top.

I have learned two things: you have a yellow car and you like to tilt images. I hope you will post some straight on images that demonstrate what you are trying to learn about photography.

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back