New to this...

megapaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I'm new here.... and to the world of photography. I just started taking pictures this summer. Looking for feedback on my first attempt.
Suzanne

IMG_8004a.jpg

Hiya, and welcome to the forum, Suzanne. Thanks for sharing this first photo with us, I hope you will send in many more! Seeing that this is apparently taken in a swamp area, I am quite curious to see more from there, for swamps are among my favourite landscapes.

your choice of DOF draws attention to the...well...thing in the middle :lmao: (i suck at nature stuff :p ) i'm sure someone will come along and identify this or maybe you know. nice capture!

welcome to TPF Suzanne. hope you like our site and take advantage of the awesome resources you'll soon find here!

also, since this is a 'nature' shot, i moved it over to the 'landscape and nature' gallery for ya. :D

Definately a fine example of narrow depth of field bringing out the focus.

But what the hell is that thing? :shock: is it an animal??

Whatever it is, it certainly held my attention. Nice shot.

Welcome Suzanne to TPF.

Your really going to like this place and you're definitely going to sharpen up on your photo skills here. Nice shot and looking forward in seeing more of your photography.

Thanks for your input.... yes, it's a cat tail (bulrush) at summers end (spreading seed). Looking forward to learning lots here.

Cool shot megapaws. Great DOF. Welcome to the forum...fellow Torontonian. :D

i wish my first shots of cat tails came out like that. Cool!

Hey megapaws...welcome to TPF :)
Not bad for a first attempt; maybe try not to block your subject with the grass next time. Try some diff angles and place your subject a bit off centre; this tends to produce a less static image. Yer DOF(depth-of-field) is pretty good. :)
Hope these pointers help you some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back