New to this.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by ASCSurveyor, Apr 16, 2007.

1. ASCSurveyor

ASCSurveyor TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I guess I'm supposed to post here first, so here goes.

Name's Mike. I've been enjoying photography for years and have only recently starting getting into it as a serious hobby.

I started with a Minotla QTSi Maxxum about 7 years ago. But as a student in college, didn't have the financial freedom or time to persue photography any further than snapping off a few shots now and then.

A couple years ago, I purchased a Canon Powershot A520, which was perfect for me to take along on motorcycle rides, which is my other passion. However I quickly felt like I was being held back by its lack of zoom and other features. However I still use the camera and highly recommend it as a great all-around digital camera.

About 3 months ago, I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XTi, and I couldn't be happier. This camera does everything I want it too, and more. I'm still learning everything about it, and since I've never been trained as a photographer, I'm sure I'm missing alot of things. But, I learn by doing, and I'm trying to be disciplined enough to try new things and try something I've never tried before.

Well, I guess that's it. I'll be posting up lots of questions, so I hope you guys don't mind.

2. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome aboard Mike.

3. Deminia

Deminia TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome ! :)

4. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah, welcome. kick back relax and errrr...post. post pictures when ever possible.