New to TPF

I

I've Tasted Flight

And photography in general.

My name is Angela, I live in WA state, and I have a lot of time on my hands, and want to pick up this hobbie/lifestyle.

I will have a lot of questions, and I hope that this forum is of the No-Question-Is-A-Stupid-Question school. Well, even if it is, I'm still going to feel like a dork.... If it's not, please have mercy. ;)

I currently have *insert uncool camera* and being that I'm a beginner and I don't need or understand much at all, I was looking at the Nikon D40 and was curious about what you thought, or any other recommendations/comments/etc. that you may have. My anniversary is next month and, well, I want to cover all the bases before I start dropping hints. :p

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, I'm glad I found y'all, and I look forward to learning and enjoying some of your beautiful work.

hi!

welcome to the fun house

Angela, welcome to TPF! Now, what do you consider 'uncool camera'? A film camera perhaps? :lol:

Remember, it's the thing on the other side of the camera and lens that make the picture (a.k.a. the photographer or the picture taker) and not the equipment. Keep shooting with what you got until you get your D40. ;)

Canon Powershot A540.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but I want to take it to the next level.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back