New to View Cameras

Have you actually tested (properly tested) them to make sure they're 'safe'?

No, not properly. I know there are instructions for a test on Kodak's website but I haven't had need for it yet. At least not until I have a proper lens and am moved into my apartment where I can set up more permanently.

But your lens has nothing to do with whether your light is 'safe' for the paper. Nor does where you are set up.

The issue is whether you're going to ruin a whole box of paper.

Okay. I will have a look at the 'Bay today then.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I'd do a proper safelight test first. You might just be lucky and have a red party lamp that works.

Just developed the first few negatives, will scan and upload tomorrow.

At least let us know how they look!

Haha, didn't mean to lead anyone on! :1251:
I wasn't able to be quick enough with the shutter to shoot with the aperture I was planning on using so I had to make another, smaller one. I didn't measure it but I'd say it's around f/40 and lets me use shutter speeds in the 1-2 second range in bright daylight. The first few were either over or underexposed but the last two seem pretty good. The image circle doesn't quite cover the paper so I'm a bit limited in movements right now but not against using a smaller negative to get more wiggle room. I will try preflashing the paper tomorrow as well since the negatives seem very contrasty.

That's the beauty of b&w film......... it is extremely forgiving of exposure.

Bumped up contrast a bit after scanning here. Will need to clean the scanner more thoroughly, it's been sitting around for a few years and got pretty dusty.
Using the f18 aperture here.

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I find this so inspiring. I would love to try making a pinhole camera. What a fun and rewarding project!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back