new toy arrived! :-)

remark13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After reading too many reviews, posts and camera store visits I finally decided on k50 18-135mm with a second lens 55-300mm. Finally arrived. Made myself read the manual. Hey the battery had to charge. Just have to say I am doing the snoopy happy dance! I was a little concerned that I wasn't go to see much difference from the P&S, but WOWEE, just being able to adjust shutter speed aperature so easily is just fantastic. I got to play today for 3 hours and was able to get some cool shots, even some BIF (not quite as close as I would like, but it's the 1st day). At least it was easier to track and actually have the shutter speed where I needed it. So much to learn, BUT SOOO MUCH FUN! I even was getting shots in manual focus, guess I should explain the obvious that I have never used a dslr before today, soI thought it might be awhile before I would try to tackle that one. But I needed to do something to get that shot. Such an easy system to learn everything just seems to be in the right place.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO GAVE INPUT and for all of the discussions that hepled me take the leap. It's going to be a great flight.

Yeah, going from a P&S to a DSLR is quiet the jump.
You will have fun for a while ... :lmao:

Congrats on your new DSLR and lenses. Looking forward to seeing some of your images. Now be very wary of LBA. It'll sneak up on you just when you think you're safe! :D

Congrats on your new DSLR and lenses. Looking forward to seeing some of your images. Now be very wary of LBA. It'll sneak up on you just when you think you're safe! :D
Thanks for the congrats, but what is this LBA I need to watch out for? Is it contagious!?

Two weeks and counting and we still don't know, what LBA is. I am curious to.
Is it Lens Buying Addiction ? :lol: Really dangerous when primes become your lens of choice.

Maybe Lens Buying Addiction.Congrats on the new toy,Enjoy it.

Congrats! LBA has cost me plenty. My camera bag has become so heavy with prime lenses, that I need regular visits to the chiropractor (just a cautionary tale).

Yup definately lens buying addiction. Ugh, which prime(s), longer zoooommm so many choices. Must content myself with current gear and really make it work I have 18-300mm covered so I'm good. But oh a prime....

Congrats on the new toy, it will bring you many years of enjoyment.

Glad you're getting on well with your new gear. Your camera & 2 lenses are great choices ... Both those lenses are very well regarded, the 55-300 in particular is considered a very special bargain by many pentaxians. Looking forward to seeing your shots when you're ready.

What was it that made you choose Pentax?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back