New toy (car stuff)

I considered one for like 5 minutes; just a touch too small for me (and lacks some feastures I want like built in Nav).

By the way, these cars do have the option for the iDrive Nav system. Wasn't a concern for me as I have yet to find a built in nav that I like better than the features my Note 4 provides already.

I should have been more clear: I dont like the 2011 integration, the 2012 is nice. there were other things. I agree about phone, google maps is great, but i hate fumbled around phone when driving.

still nice car man! i find out if i fly down to get my new one in an hour or so.

Oh wow, didn't realize it was so down to the wire! If you do - photoshoot? I'm local :)

sure! lol.

yup, going to fly down and pick this up:

2015-08-25.jpg

gotta wheel and deal over the phone tomorrow i guess.

who wants to buy a 2009 WRX?

Last edited:
sure! lol.

View attachment 107092

I'd love to! It's a sweet little rig. Too bad it's more than I can afford. Try nasioc.com

sure! lol.

View attachment 107092

Nice congrats! Looks great and the BMW will look great next to it haha similar colors and both from North Carolina too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nice congrats! Looks great and the BMW will look great next to it haha similar colors and both from North Carolina too

It's actually quite annoying. The car was originally bought in Alexandria, registered in MD, then bought/sold in NC. Would have been nice if it was just a VA car and I could just go and register it, but I'll have to do emissions/safety before hand now. But then again, if it was sold up here it would cost more. Just a PITA, I was really lucky to know someone in Charlotte that could be a set of eyes for me...

But yeah, im exicted, hopefully I have everything in order today and can fly down early next week.

I'd love to! It's a sweet little rig. Too bad it's more than I can afford. Try nasioc.com

I still really like the car. But it's a little "rugged" and "unrefined" I think you know what I mean. Good thing is the AWD system of the MB is VERY similar to that of the WRX plus my steering wheel vibrates if i start to drift out of my lane when I use my now free right hand to txt or drink lattes. :barbershop_quartet_member:

I still really like the car. But it's a little "rugged" and "unrefined" I think you know what I mean. Good thing is the AWD system of the MB is VERY similar to that of the WRX plus my steering wheel vibrates if i start to drift out of my lane when I use my now free right hand to txt or drink lattes. :barbershop_quartet_member:

"rugged" and "unrefined" that's why I like em. But yeah Mercs don't really "fit" into New England. You'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I was looking at a few in MA, NJ, and NY. They all had showed multiple tires and/or wheels replaced. Pave your roads.

I was looking at a few in MA, NJ, and NY. They all had showed multiple tires and/or wheels replaced. Pave your roads.

Well share your tax dollars and we will! :D

spoken like a true NE'er

It's actually quite annoying. The car was originally bought in Alexandria, registered in MD, then bought/sold in NC. Would have been nice if it was just a VA car and I could just go and register it, but I'll have to do emissions/safety before hand now. But then again, if it was sold up here it would cost more. Just a PITA, I was really lucky to know someone in Charlotte that could be a set of eyes for me...

But yeah, im exicted, hopefully I have everything in order today and can fly down early next week.

Yeah I'm dealing with all the same issues. I have to get everything situated now that the car is back. Thing I'm dreading the most is installing a front plate... I've been searching all morning for a solution on that that won't involve drilling and the car is already too low to do the under-the-bumper hideaway plate. Urrrggggggggg.

Yeah I'm dealing with all the same issues. I have to get everything situated now that the car is back. Thing I'm dreading the most is installing a front plate... I've been searching all morning for a solution on that that won't involve drilling and the car is already too low to do the under-the-bumper hideaway plate. Urrrggggggggg.
my favorite on the WRX is people install a side-mount plate, but the front bumper has a spot for it with pre-drilled holes. So then they install plates to cover to plate mount. silly.

I made a custom side-mount bracket for my miata.

IMG_20130310_145833.jpg

I'm positive that bavauto.com has something for your car that's not too expensive, or requires holes.

my favorite on the WRX is people install a side-mount plate, but the front bumper has a spot for it with pre-drilled holes. So then they install plates to cover to plate mount. silly.

I made a custom side-mount bracket for my miata.

I'm positive that bavauto.com has something for your car that's not too expensive, or requires holes.

Yeah that is silly... Yours looks good and I considered doing the tow-point holder but I'm not a huge fan of the offset look. I like everything centered haha

i put a huge intercooler in front of the radiator / a/c condenser so i didnt want to block any airflow.

it brought balance to my naca duct headlight lid.

Most reactions

Back