New toy for me.....

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New package today. Hmm.... wonder what it could be?
IMG_0014-1.jpg

Oh my, L glass.
IMG_0015-2.jpg

Isn't she a thing of beauty? A lens pouch and hood too? Oh how nice of you to throw in Canon!
IMG_0016-3.jpg

Ok, I just got my fist L-series lens today. All I have to say is WOW. The sharpness, contrast, and color saturation are unparalleled in terms of my lens collection. The out of focus areas are so beautifully blurred with the 8-blade rounded aperture system. It is amazing.

I went outside for a short time to snap a few pics, most were boring pics just to see what the lens could do and from what distances. Good thing I got it today though. Cause I nabbed this pic from across the parking lot without the subjects even knowing I existed.

IMG_0030--2.jpg

This lens is SHARP! 100% crop.
IMG_0030--3.jpg

Just thought I'd share. :)

Congrats. Now start saving for the f/2.8L IS model. It's coming. As sure as death and taxes. :mrgreen:

Haha the 70-200 2.8 IS may be in my future, but it's not next. Nexdt will be the 17-40 4 L just because I am addicted to L glass, and I currently have no lenses wider than 28mm on a X1.6 FOV body.

Yeah, so far I have only had that experience once-16-85-so I am kind of a lens virgin!

Well I am definitely feeling both the warm and the fuzzy with this one! Man, it's never been easier to process a RAW image! I don't have to add fake contrast, saturation, and sharpness. I mean, I have to sharpen it a little, as with all DSLR RAWs, but still, wow!

Congrats! I too just got my first "L" glass for Christmas. It was 70-200 2.8L IS, but I know exactly what you mean! I told myself before I got it, "if its even close to the 100mm 2.8 macro in image quality I'll be a happy man." It is...and I am! Congrats again!

Derrick

Now that's just awesome! So how does it feel in your hands? Is it pretty heavy or does it distribute the weight with the camera so that it's pretty even?

I will be getting my first L when summer hits. Bummer! Well, it will be better used in the summer so I can wait. It's the EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM

-Christopher

LOL:lol:

Before you know it you will be hunting down Tom Cruise in his Ferarri taking pictures on the freeway.

Very sneaky....STALKER!

New package today. Hmm.... wonder what it could be?
Oh my, L glass.
IMG_0015-2.jpg

Isn't she a thing of beauty? A lens pouch and hood too? Oh how nice of you to throw in Canon!

Ok, I just got my fist L-series lens today. All I have to say is WOW. The sharpness, contrast, and color saturation are unparalleled in terms of my lens collection. The out of focus areas are so beautifully blurred with the 8-blade rounded aperture system. It is amazing.

Just thought I'd share. :)

You sound like someone I know real well! My 70-200 F4 L should be here early next week. I bought my 17-40 L first...... Like you I am addicted to L glass.

-JD-

Congrats!!!

I have one, and love it! Works not too bad with the 1.4x TC for more reach as well!!

Now that's just awesome! So how does it feel in your hands? Is it pretty heavy or does it distribute the weight with the camera so that it's pretty even?

I will be getting my first L when summer hits. Bummer! Well, it will be better used in the summer so I can wait. It's the EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM

-Christopher

It seems a tad bit front heavy for me, but with more use, it's feeling more comfortable to have it on than the plastic lenses that put all the weight in the back of the assembly. I'm using a 20D though, so your XSi may feel a bit MORE front heavy.

Most reactions

Back