New toy

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
In the following of the great likes of JonMikal, Voodoocat, and Chase, to name a few, we went out and got a Nikon D70 the other night. Since the weekend just started, I haven't had the chance to get outside with it yet so I don't really have a lot of pictures to show yet. :D However, it seems that we have a natural in front of the camera in the house.

DSC_0016-web.jpg

uh huh! first night with the 70 and you're already blowing me out the water with your b&w conversions. awesome tones and all Aubrey! :hail:

so, do you have any first impressions of the camera?

That would be an Alison original conversion there. The only good ones I have made recently is when I went through the Nikon View RAW conversion. :D

The first impression I had was that it's light but feels very strong. (I'm used to using the 10D with a battery grip) I love that it's ready to shoot the second you flip the power on and it's pretty quick all the way around. The shutter sound is louder than the 10D but about half as loud as the 20D. All in all, its a friggin awesome camera!! All I have to do now is read the novel that came with it. :D

Good thing he is not camera shy with two shutter bugs in the house. Like the way you framed him.

With all the camera's you have now, wouldn't you find it confusing operating the control features?

Sounds like you have some good sleeping material. These days all I have to do is look at a manual and I want to go to bed. :)

i use D70 too.
anyone knows how to swith on the timer and bulb time??

For the bulb mode, you need to set it to M mode and adjust the back dial until it says bulb in the top display. As for the timer, I thought I'd let the book speak for me cause I didn't know yet. :D

howto.jpg

enjoy the new toy..read the novel...read the novel..

Most reactions

Back