New traditionalist

1. Love or money?

2. email or snail mail?

3. Paintings or photographs?

Do you have a recurring nightmare? What is it?
uppers or downers?
What is your irrational fear?
What is the color of your dream-time?
Do you like George Wendt?

vixenta said:
1. Love or money?

2. email or snail mail?

3. Paintings or photographs?

1. Always love. I have no regard for money. If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people he gives it to.
And if sh*t became valuable peasants would be born without ar*eholes.

2. Neither. I prefer talking to people in person. Less chance of misunderstandings and much more fun.

3. I do both so that is an impossible choice.

omalley said:
Do you have a recurring nightmare? What is it?
uppers or downers?
What is your irrational fear?
What is the color of your dream-time?
Do you like George Wendt?

I never dream (actually true) so I don't have nightmares either.

I've tried both and they have the same effect on me - these days I prefer taking industrial quantities of life.

That I will not know the right thing to do in a given situation.

What colours have you got?

I have to admit to never having heard of him - but then, I don't know everything (not quite yet anyway).

core_17 said:
By the way, I have a question for you...

When wanting to learn photography...I mean SERIOUSLY learn it...what are the most important points to focus on in the beginning? (hehehe..get it..FOCUS!...I'm lame...)

Get to know your camera intimately so you can use it without thinking about it - that get's in the way of taking pictures and, believe it or not, I can see it in photos.

Look at lots and lots of other photographers' work.

Make sure you get a good teacher - one that you respect. Trying to teach yourself everything is the biggest folly. But don't choose someone you admire too much or hero worship. When they show that they are human your bubble will burst.

Only value criticism - and praise - if it is backed up with sound reasons. It is very easy to look at a photo and say something like 'the composition looks pretty much spot on'. But what does that actually mean? It's a Barnum statement that you use when you don't know what to say but think you should say something.
What you need is sound help and advice on what is wrong and how to improve it, and what is right and how to use it.
There are far too many people around who like to pretend that they know about pictures but really wouldn't know a good one if it sat up and gave them a haircut.
Learn to spot them - it is quite easy.
And don't take up Photography if all you want is to have your ego massaged or to look cool. You do Photography because the thought of doing something else terrifies you ;)

Last ever post on this board now, because I have grown bored with the pettiness and hypocrisy of some of the members. I abhor people who say one thing to your face and another behind your back.
I started this thread not to push up my post count, but to check out a theory that I have held for some time. I think the responses - or lack of response - has proved it pretty much.
So with that I shall wish you all a long and happy life and take my leave.

And should anyone like to contact me, Photogoddess has my Gmail address.

not another... what is happening to this forum?...

Hertz van Rental said:
Last ever post on this board now, because I have grown bored with the pettiness and hypocrisy of some of the members. I abhor people who say one thing to your face and another behind your back.
I started this thread not to push up my post count, but to check out a theory that I have held for some time. I think the responses - or lack of response - has proved it pretty much.
So with that I shall wish you all a long and happy life and take my leave.

And should anyone like to contact me, Photogoddess has my Gmail address.
NOOOO! You a**hole! You're the most interesting person on here. Can't you just ignore these unwashed philistines, whoever they are?
Before you go, at least tell me the color of your dream-time. I'm taking a survey. I'll even give you several choices: whitish-bluish, silver, purple, or blue. By the way, George Wendt was 'Norm' on the television sitcom "Cheers".

Most reactions

Back