New User; can't post attachments

allson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a new user and impressed with this site -- generally easy to use, and lots of great participation, help and information. I can't figure out how to post an attachment. I want to post a photo that I've taken of a lens and have a question about. I see in my posting rules that "You may not post attachments." I can't find anything in the FAQs that addresses this. I've tried inserting a link to photos on a web site, but I cannot get this to work either. Is there a set of instructions? Are newbies limited in what they can do for, say, the first 30 days?

Thanks!

I know what you mean, I had the same problem when I started. Posting photos on here is a pain.
There is an instruction thread on here somewhere, it is still a pain.
Keep looking... you can post pictures.
Somebody will probably come on here in a second and tell you right where the thread is.

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I had not found it in my searching. I see from the tutorial that I must be a subscriber to attach files. I will probably go that route since the site has such a wealth of info. Thanks agin!

You have to be a subscribing (paying) member to make attachments.

There is a gallery on the forum that you can upload to, and there are tons of 3rd party website to host your pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back